Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Risk rears it's ugly head

As I noted in my post yesterday, all the index ETF's were showing weakness and were on the move lower. I also noted yesterday that it has been easy to make money on the dips. When things get to easy in trading, the crowd notices and things go to hell in a handbag quick. We as traders can always take advantage of that and try to anticipate the crowd and get in front of them. When I made my short trade yesterday I was doing just that, I had no idea that the markets would free fall today, but I had clues that the market might be heading down and I took action. Anyway, I covered 1/2 my short position in DIA at 122.68 for a 3.51 gain, I'm going to trail the rest. Hard to say what's going to happen tomorrow, it fells like the market can go down farther. One thing for sure is that volatility is back, I will try and get the set-ups posted here to take advantage of that.

No comments: