Thursday, March 15, 2007

ETF update for Friday 3/16

SPY has bounced off it's support(blue) and is at it's first resistance level(red). According to the big arrow we are heading lower, could be the first resistance level or the next three. I would be looking to go short on a short trigger here, but Friday is quadruple witching and there will be a lot of volatility. I prefer not to trade then, so Friday will be a day off for me and after tomorrow I will take a look at what we have for Monday.

QQQQ is at resistance, a possible double bottom has formed, will need to see more constructive price action to think about going long. I am only thinking short here.

DIA has bounced off it's support(blue) and is at it's first resistance(red) level. We could get a rally to the next couple of resistance levels, so I would only short here on a clear breakdown.


EPP - Pacific ex japan ETF, has an interesting looking chart. We are at daily EMA resistance and should go lower, see next chart for specific entry zones.



The 60 min. chart of EPP shows an inverse H & S forming. The way I'm going to play this is to go long on a break of the neckline and since we are at daily resistance, I will go short on a break of the uptrend line.




GLD bounced off it's uptrend line. I would not be to excited to go long here, I would like to see price at least go through it's daily EMA resistance. On the short side, I would take a short position on a break of the trend line around 63.07.





The daily chart of EEM shows that we are at EMA resistance(red) and would be looking for prices to go lower.






The 60 min. chart of EEM shows a triangle formation. I would not go long on the break higher just because of the resistance above it. I will go short on a break of the uptrend line since we are at resistance levels and price should accelerate on a break through.







No comments: