Wednesday, March 21, 2007

ETF update for Thursday March 22

QQQQ did lead the other index's through their 50 day moving average resistance(see yesterday's post). Very impressive day, hard to hold off from buying, but I did sit on my hands when it came to the index ETF's. My strategy is is to buy pullbacks in up trends, and to sell rallies in downtrends. Right now we are between the two, I will be waiting for the right time to enter a trade.

DIA - The moving averages have not turned bullish, but through resistance, I have a neutral bias right now.

SPY - The moving averages have not turned bullish, but have gone through resistance. I'm in a wait and see mode here, the next several days should hold some clues.


FXI, iShares Xinhua China 25, never did breakdown(see yesterday's post) so I did not make a short trade. I did take a small long position when price broke through the downtrend line(see chart). The moving averages have not turned bullish, so I did not go full strength on my long. I will be waiting to see if we can go higher here then pullback to support, that's where I would be putting the big money to work.



No comments: